Ballot Box Scotland Copyright
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Ballot Box Scotland output comes under the above copyright licence. The exact formal terms of that are stated via the link, but in general terms I’m not going to chase you up for reproducing or using my material so long as the following apply;
- You correctly attribute it to Ballot Box Scotland
- All of my graphics have a logo, title and web address on them, so just leave this intact. If possible, please also include a clickable link to the website.
- You aren’t using my material for commercial purposes
- You can’t put it in your newspaper or news site (I’m not opposed to commercial use, but you have to ask me)
- You can use it in schools, for presentations, at your political party’s branch or committee meeting and so on
- You retain the appropriate copyright notice for material that isn’t mine
- All recent graphics have the copyright notice included that relates to (for example) the shapefile data source, so make sure this remains intact
Shapefile and Map Data Copyright
Recent Ballot Box Scotland output which is using externally sourced shapefile or basemap data contains copyright details on the graphic. For older content (when I was just starting out and not as sure about what to do) which may lack attribution, the following Copyrights apply to the relevant data;
- Basemaps © OpenStreetMap contributors (see copyright details)
- Shapefile data Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2020 (see copyright details)
All data from mid-2019 onwards should have correct attribution.