This section contains the results for each region and constituency of the Scottish Parliament. Regional results are presented with a map of constituencies in the region in the colour of the party that won them. List MSPs are named under the map in order of election. The Constituency and List votes for parties winning at least 2% of the national vote are shown as well. Charts detailing the results in individual constituencies are in the gallery below the regional result. These charts show the constituency vote on the left hand side, and the list vote on the right hand side. For ease of following results between charts, results are consistently ordered rather than according to the results in each constituency.
If you’re interested in seeing how the votes for each party were spread across constituencies, you can check out this companion page.
- SNP – Best overall constituency (52.8%) and list (47.7%) result.
- Labour – Best overall list result (24.8%).
- Lib Dems – Worst overall constituency (2.7%) and list (1.9%) result.
- Greens – Worst constituency result (Coatbridge and Chryston, 5.7%) of 3 contested.
- SNP – Best constituency result (Glasgow Southside, 61.4%).
- Labour – Best overall constituency result (28.5%).
- Conservatives – Worst list result (Glasgow Provan, 8.2%), worst overall constituency (11.7%) and list (11.9%) result.
- Greens – Best constituency (24.3%) and list (20.2%) result, both Glasgow Kelvin.
- Lib Dems – Worst constituency result (Glasgow Provan, 1%).
Highlands & Islands
- Conservatives – Worst constituency result (Shetland, 3.7%)
- Labour – Worst constituency result (Orkney, 2.9%)
- Lib Dems – Best constituency (67.4%) and list (35.7%) results, both Shetland. Best overall constituency (23.2%) and list (13.3%) results, only region to elect more than one Lib Dem MSP.
- Greens – Best overall list result (10.6%), only region to elect more than one Green MSP.
Mid Scotland & Fife
- Labour – Best list result (Cowdenbeath, 29.6%).
North East Scotland
- SNP – Best list result (Dundee City West, 54.2%).
- Conservative – Best constituency (55.2%) and list (46.7%) results, both Ettrick, Roxburgh and Berwickshire. Best overall constituency (33.4%) and list (32.1%) results.
- Greens – Worst overall list result (4.7%).
- Labour – Best constituency (Dumbarton, 40.2%) result.