First Preference Votes
Councils with Vote Lead
Councils with Seat Lead
All of the pre-election coverage and analysis, including the Wards Worth Watching series, an exclusive BBS commissioned poll, and party profiles, can be found on the Local Election 2022 Hub page.
In-depth, post-election analysis:
- The Headline Results
- Analysis of the overall results and quick reaction to what it meant for each party.
- How’s Your Spread? (Part 1)
- Analysis of where parties got councillors elected.
- How’s Your Spread (Part 2)
- Analysis of how each party’s votes were distributed across the country (by ward).
- Diving Into the Detail
- An explanation of what the in-depth data (found via the individual council links below) means.
- The Precarious Position of Local Government
- A reflection on the worry signs for the health of our local democracy after an election defined by refusals to consider cross-party co-operation.
- A Proportional Pickle
- Analysis of the proportionality (or not) of STV versus alternatives.
- STV, it’s only 1, 2, 3?
- An investigation into whether people used their preferences at all.
- Party Preference Patterns
- Analysis of preference use between parties.
- Visualising Scotland
- A look at various different ways to present the results from the election, including polling district level vote distributions for each party.
- Constitutional Christmas Cracker
- A later in the year bonus piece, looking at how votes were spread across the country by constitutional blocs of parties.